Hi my name is Ravi, founder of Caribbean Tutors and welcome to the page that may save your job! The most important thing you should know is that I consider time a priceless resource and seldom permit mine to be wasted; I have thus compiled this document which outlines the general requirements of all hired tutors.
This document has proven to be needed as I have consistently encountered newly hired tutors who error in their work ethics and need to be constantly reminded of their responsibility to both myself as well as the parent(s) of the child. This has resulted in employees facing necessary sanctions, which in some cases, can even be the termination of the tutor’s relationship with Caribbean Tutors. In a combined effort to curb these occurrences, I strongly urge that you carefully read through this document and revisit it for any further reference.
Failure to follow these steps leads to being fired immediately
- Practice good communication skills! I have made myself readily available to my tutors via Whatsapp and would appreciate you making use of this medium to contact me. For example, when I provide you with your first student, you MUST inform me ASAP of arrangement dates with the parent, i.e. what day you will be commencing tutoring with the student. Normally 50% of the new workers fail to do this and thus face termination.
- Please refrain from discussing tutoring prices with the parent! Remember, you are employed under Caribbean Tutors and all payments to you are done by us, not the parent! If you are questioned about payment, you can respond kindly by stating “My employer handles all payment arrangements.”
- Be a Team Player! If this was a formal interview setting and I asked about your dedication to working with and building this company, can I trust that you would be optimistic about your positive contributions to this team? If you answered in the affirmative, then take this as your testing point. Consider this a classic case of, “Help us help you!” Of course, keep in mind that it is completely your choice to help us market our company but participation in this promotion will reflect well on your team player skills! New workers who fail to take part in this are replaced in an instant with those who are at least demonstrating an effort to work with their team! If you are interested, this is the link to partake in the promo! Once you have completed it, Congrats! You are now a part of the team and will be given first preference when new opportunities arrive! https://caribbeantutors.com/face-book-promotion/ And that’s it! No follow up interviews… just follow the aforementioned guide and things should move smoothly. This is what we mean by a profile look at the other tutors profiles here https://caribbeantutors.com/tutors-trinidad/
Tips for good Communication
- Missing a day of tutoring requires communicating this in a timely manner to all parties involved. That means, you MUST inform both myself and the parent of the child beforehand.
- When you are provided with a new tutoring job, you will be given the parent’s contact information and WILL be expected to call within FOUR (4) hours from the time. Failure to do so will be grounds for termination.
- Never assume we are omniscient because (spoiler)… we are not! Please keep us updated with the job!
- Kindly recall that the preferred form of communication remains Whatsapp.
- Here are some examples of good communication in the following pictures
BAD COMMUNICATION AND ITS EFFECT ON THE PARENT
- An example of why good communication is important! This negative effect could have been avoided
DON’T DISCUSS PRICES WITH THE PARENT’S
- This is stressed because workers have communicated wrong prices to parents in the past which resulted in some uncertainty between parties. Remember, your agreed working wage was made with us and not the parent! Please see above point number two (2) under the sub-heading “Requirements.”
- Starts at $7 USD per hour and increases by $1 USD dollars after every TEN CLASSES until it maxes out at $12 USD per hour. For example, after 10 classes= $8 USD per hour, after 20 classes= $9 per hour, after 30 classes= $10 USD ETC
Payments are made once a month to your Pay Pal Account or Bank Account
Skype Online Classes – $ 6 USD per hour ( Does not Change)
- This form must be downloaded, printed and signed by the parent after every tutoring session.
- Please always use DIFFERENT logs for each student, i.e. one log for Student A and a new log for Student B. Never put two students on the same log!
- All information on logs must be legible and CLEAR pictures of each log should be taken.
- Your form(s) must be uploaded to the site three days before month end in order to facilitate timely payment. Failure to do so will result in late payment!
- Take a look of a good workers log compared to a bad workers log! This is your payment so please try to write as neatly as possible.
- Click this link to download the workers log workers-log
What not to do
- Be careful on what pictures you put up on Whatsapp! Most parents are on Whatsapp now and anything you post will be visible to them; this includes any posts about personal problem so please be cautious and as professional as possible.
- If you are contracted to teach two hours for a particular session, please try and complete your lesson within those two hours OR resume the lesson on the following session! Do not extend over your time as the parent’s payment only covers two hours and any additional teaching will be considered a use of your own personal time.
- Timely responses to our messages ensure you get the job! If we message you about a potential job and you do not respond within a reasonable time frame, we will obviously pass on the work to someone who is more prompt to reply.
- Don’t use your phone while teaching!